Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ok so I know it's a bit late but...

How was everyone's Halloween? if ya want, write a poem or riddle about your Halloween. Here's mine!


The quiet stirring of things unseen
woke me first to Hallows- eve.
Listening hard I tried hear what sounded so gentle and light
-crawling up my arm.

First one touch then another
a quiet patter a soft caress.
I finally looked down to see a dandy-legs dancing towards my chest!

I didn't scream, though my heart beat fast.
Instead I slowly reached for my slipper laying next to my head.
A low sounding smack and my visitor was gone, but the spooks were just waking as I made my way to breakfast.

Throughout the day, I took out headless zombies, cotton ghosts and wayward ninjas. More spiders found their way hanging in the kitchen. Candy corn and eyeball treats were set for those who dare trick-or-treat and witches complete with brooms, cauldrons and spells, were set up in the living room.

By evening blood punch had been made and the room smelled of black cake and orange frosting. I smiled, looking outside the window where I watched more ghosts swaying on trees and bit into a black twizzler spider, knowing this would be a good Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. We truly appreciate your thoughts, even though we may not have time to answer them.